Saturday, 2 January 2016

Kick starting Crazy

I don't know if I'm just a little crazy or certifiably insane but we are going to give this a go. I am going back to old fashioned home cooked foods, no more processed supermarket brought foods.

We are going to be trying for a baby and this prompted me to reevaluate our health and what we eat. In the coming months we will aim to only eat home made food cooked from scratch and give up our indulgences such as soft drink, shop brought frozen meals and the big one cigarettes.

I will post good recipes as I find them, so that others can join me on this crazy idea. I do already have some great recipes and I am going to hunt through both my late grandmothers recipe books as well as my mums. I'm sure I can find some fabulous meals for us.

We will finish the food that is in our home over the next week or so and move on to making everything from scratch.

My 16 year old (from a previous relationship) will have a little shock when she returns home in two weeks from her summer holiday. She loves food and as all children of this day and age loves processed foods 2 minute noodles, packet mac and cheese ect

We are going to do all this while trying to maintain a budget the first month we will have a shopping budget of $200 per week to give us a kick start and from then my goal is $100 per week to feed the three of us.

Wish me luck I'm going to need it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment